This tasty ingredient is made up of fermented ground shrimp mixed with salt. It is very popular in sauteed vegetables and meat. This is also a flavorful dip in fish and steamed vegetables.
Raw shrimp paste
Oyster sauce or Worcestershire sauce
1. Saute shrimp paste in minced garlic. In a cup of shrimp paste, the garlic should be half cup. The more garlic the better. Choose a not very salty raw shrimp paste. Mix well until cooked.
2. Add vinegar and sugar. Stir well then add water if needed.
3. Now put the chopped chilies, and drops of sauce to flavor. Simmer for few minutes then serve.
Nothing beats a well boiled tender meat where all its flavors came out from it. Its deep taste blended within its own soup and other ingredients. Serve hot to melt your heart:)
Onion and leaves
Ground black pepper
1. Boil the beef then drain to remove dirt. boil again until tender.
2. Put corn, onion, pepper, and salt and fish sauce.
3. Add chopped potatoes when meat becomes tender. Simmer for few minutes.
4. Put cabbage and petchay. Bring to boil then serve.
A familiar combination but always enjoyable to eat. A Simple pleasure that promotes balance diet in a delicious way.
Whole corn kernel
1. Peel shrimps and remove its head shell. Beat one egg then pour it. Mix well then add salt and fish sauce. Now coat it evenly with flour, fry then set aside.
2. Cut pork in small pieces then saute it with chopped garlic and onion. Add salt, fish sauce, and water. Bring to boil until tender.
3. Add butter and melt it with all the veggies. Mix well then simmer for a minute. Serve it with the crunchy shrimps and rice.