Pancit palabok is a popular Kapampangan merienda and a common get together food in many occasions. The preparation of cooking it is not a handful as many think. It has a lot of steps if we are talking about being natural, and not an instant noodle snack.
Pork , ground pork, and pork stock
Shrimp and shrimp stock
Achuete for the color
Ground black pepper
1. Soak and boil the noodles until cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. Boil pork until tender. Add more water to get pork stock.
3. Boil the shrimps with enough water to get shrimp stock. Remove the shrimp skin then set aside. Soak the the achuete seeds in hot water for minutes then squeeze it out for the color.
4. For the sauce: Mix the pork and shrimp stock. Dissolve the flour by stirring it together with a bit of cool water in a small bowl. Mix it with the stocks by constant stirring. Pour the achuete color. Add salt, fish sauce, ground black pepper. Boil and wait for your prefer thickness of the sauce.
5. Fry the chopped garlic. Boil the eggs. Crushed the chicharon. Chop the onion leaves. Cut and fry the boiled pork. Fry the tinapa then turn its meat in flakes.
6. Put some noodles in a plate. Pour the sauce then put all the ingredients on the top. Squeeze kalamansi juice to taste.